Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To There and Back Again

During my last post I worked hard to remain mysterious about my plans for January. Many of the faithful readers of this blog were surprised my visit to Iowa and Illinois. I saw many friends and family. I had hoped to visit more of my friends and particularly my poker friends.

That all changed when I learned that one of my housemates is planning to visit Haiti in near future. On Sunday while traveling to Iowa for my aunt's birthday party, my guides advised me that I needed to be back in California. Sooner rather than later.

As I needed to conduct some business with CEFCU, I returned to Illinois on Monday. I couldn't leave until Tuesday morning. After driving 14 hours, I have made it to Denver.

I'm sorry that my visit was cut short and wish I could have seen more people. Perhaps I'll be able to sneak into another visit in the spring.

Meanwhile, the journey continues . . .

No comments: