Friday, April 08, 2011

The Next Chapter

 It's been a week since I touched the book. I have finally managed to cut out another chapter--the 18th. i am now working on the last chapter of the original manuscript which was some 90 pages long. The task is to divide it into manageable and logical chapters. 

I chose this picture because this chapter starts with "I have come to the lower pasture to write." I loved this view and the experience of writing here.  I loved living in the barn as I know love living in California.

As I have reviewed part of this chapter I am struck by a couple of similarities. First, God and I are talking about wrapping things up by June. Which is when I currently hope to have the manuscript ready for the publisher. Second, I was facing some very tough financial realities in June 2009. As I am at the present. 

I am seeking to find a cheaper place to stay. I am having to make decisions as to what not to pay--car insurance, health insurance, cell phone, car payment? I have managed not to have my car repossessed twice now. And thank God for my tax return---hey, wait a minute it was my money in the first place. 

I have applied for several long term housesitting gigs, but none have come into fruition yet. I will probably get by for this month but come next month, I will be faced with some very hard decisions including giving up on following my heart. 

Over this last week, my faith has been stretched thin and through some processing with one of my most beloved of spiritual peers have recovered enough to continue work on my book. It has felt good to be editing again. 

Thank God for those spiritual friends who love me in spite of my faults; who amplify my virtues, minimize my failures and celebrate my successes. And as often as not see successes where I see failures. With their encouragement, I am inspired to walk a little farther down my path to see what will be revealed. God I love friends like that! 

So for now, for this month, the journey continues . . . . I am determined to get the book completed by June. 

Now, more than ever, I walk in faith . . . it will all work out.

No comments: