Thursday, May 28, 2009

Smith River Gorge



During my cousin's visit we traveled over to the Oregon coast along Route 199 that runs along the Smith River. This is a beautiful river supplies by run off from the Siskou Mountains. The water is so clear that it takes a clear green color that resembles old glass Coke bottles. It was difficult to get a shot of the whole thing.

I took a series of shots moving down river. The temperatures along the water were about 10-15 degrees cooler than back at the Barn. The water was cold, but about a mile down stream the water calmed and there was a group of teenagers who were swimming.

This route also goes through the Redwood Forest. I have pictures from there as well as the coast and over the next few days, I'll post them.

Tomorrow, I'm off to visit my cousins in Santa Rosa. My landlords are taking some time off, so it will be the end of June before I get another opportunity to visit.

I haven't completely forgotten why I'm here and have produced 18 pages.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: