Thursday, July 09, 2009

Home?

I have arrived in Green Valley, Illinois. These daylillies are from my collection and are part of the front yard in my old house. My ex-wife is graciously letting me stay here while I am in transition. This is not home, and neither does Iowa feel like home. If I had to say where home was, I would say Oregon. It feels very surreal as I continue to meet and catch up with my friends. I have a very busy July and it may be August before I work on editting the book but I did come to a realization today.

Many of you were aware that I spent a lot of time in 2007 at the Pekin Riverfront writing. Between meetings, I returned there today to a bit of computer work. I realized I could edit my book there. It would seem almost poetic as many of the writings included in the book were received at the riverfront.

Other than a delightful summer cold, I am doing well.

The Journey continues.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: