Monday, June 14, 2010

Robes


It's been more than a month since I last posted. Obviously, I have been busy. I was home (in California) for a week and then went back to Petaluma for my second weekend workshop with Jean Houston. This weekend was on ritual and ceremony. I had some extraordinary experiences during the weekend. Some of which I may share later on this blog.

During my first weekend workshop in February with Jean Houston we were invited to wear celebratory clothing to the Saturday evening session. That started on a journey of self exploration.

While living in California I have worked many processes working with the deep wounds of my life. I have come to peace. I also have deepened my spirituality through my writings, my meditations and personal growth and development. Some of which has been shared here. I have longed for their to be a way for me to demonstrate the significant changes in my life. Along came Jean Houston's invitation to wear celebratory clothing. I observed others wore many different types of clothing, tunics, caftans, etc. And that got me thinking about wearing a cloak or robe.

I designed a set of robes to wear to certain of the spiritual events that I attend. I wear them in celebration and when called to officiate at other ceremonies. I will say more about this as time goes on, but for now, let me simply say that the robes are an outward expression of my inner self.

I feel empowered, at peace and in grace when wearing them. And no, I haven't gone so far off the deep end that I wear them all the time. I will talk more about my robes and their significance later, but there is more going on in my life that I feel is more important to share. So for now, I'll simply post these pictures and go on to my next post.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice and impressive blog i found today.