Friday, February 04, 2011

Purple

Although there has been much going on in my life, I have not blogged since September when I triumphantly announced Life is Wonderful.

And it remains wonderful.

Even if things have not worked out as I thought they might.

I returned to be in relationship with my beloved. A month later she asked me to leave.

I have not known heartache quite like this. I knew I had to go off and heal my heart and my spirit. I came back to my friends in California. I have even come back to the same household. Just not the same room.


I returned to the room I first lived in. It had since been painted purple. I live in a purple room as you see pictured here.

For all of you who think that purple is not an appropriate color for a man to live in, I invite you, I sincerely invite you to step out of your judgment. (It's that much better than telling you to f. . . well you get the idea.)

Over the last year I have come to feel quite empowered by the color purple. I found it the perfect environment to heal in. I have struggled to heal my heart. I have to be very diligent in my processing to keep my heart open and not to fall into the trap of embitterment.

I recently added new bed linen. The bedspread is a deep plum purple. (Very masculine. lol) The sheets match the wall color.  The bedspread blocks out all the light in the room as well.

The truth is that while I have been posting on Facebook, I have not been up to sharing the story of my life on these pages. I will try to correct this as I have gained great insight into the nature of relationship.

Meanwhile, I have been working, working, working on my book. I had over 200 pages of dialogue about this relationship both pre- and post-return. I have added 150 more pages since arriving here.
Spirit has been guiding me as I transcribe all of this material. I move from pre-return writing, to post-writing, to current, back to pre-, back to post, back to current. All in an effort to bring a new perspective to my book. I will now edit it through the filter of relationship.

One of the things I have learned from this dialogue with God is "Relationship is the ultimate expression of intimacy with self."

The budget continues to be tight.  Campbell's Soup is my friend.  Now, where is that tax return form . .

Blessings upon you all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: