Thursday, October 06, 2011

My Commute

I have been commuting for almost two weeks now and was surprised to realize I was indeed, commuting.  I have been working on the major rewrite of my book.  This is the third, and final, draft. (That doesn't mean I'm not willing to do another draft, I just feel when I am finished with this one, it will be ready.) 
I am living with friends in Sherman Oaks.  I like to go down to the Palisades to work.  First at a Starbucks and then move over to the library when it opens.  This requires a commute.  On work days, I get up and go off to write/edit.  I have tried various times--7:30, 8:30, 9:30.  The commute can still be terrific--45-55, even 65 minutes.  A normal drive would be 35.
Knowing I was going to post this blog, I tried to get a picture of my commute, but the pics I got don't do justice to what it's like.
This blog is not meant to be a complaint, but a simply sharing of my current life.  I don't have any anxiety over the commute as I am always on the way to the work I LOVE.   I often listen to a book on drive, but most of all I am just thankful--I am living the life I love.  How wonderful is that!

Blessings to all. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding goods from you, man. I have identify with your stuff previous to then you are just extremely brilliant. I essentially appreciate what you have produced here, definitely like what you're saying plus the mode in which you verbalize it. You make it entertaining as a consequence you still worry for to keep it judicious. I can not linger to read significantly more from you. This is especially a terrific site.

As a final note , permit me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I'm certain you have figured this by now,), English is not my head language accordingly I am using Google Translate to form out how to compose what I really mean to say.