Monday, November 23, 2009

Book Progress


No progress report could be complete without mentioning what I have accomplished with my book editing.

I have spent some time perfecting the book's typography format. It's looking good, even if I do say so myself. This is done with an eye to self publishing but we shall see.

One of my housemates serves as my editor. She has not been familiar with my past writings and so brings a new perspective that I respect. Her insights are very valuable. At her suggestion I have even been known to delete whole paragraphs--even half page at a time.
a
So I imagine that leaves a question in your mind if I edit God's words. The simple answer is yes--judiciously. And I might add, often with God's input. I am very careful never to change the context. Mostly it's errors in grammar that I'm correcting.

That being said, I have completed the Author's Note, The Introduction, and Chapter One. Now, that is not how I originally laid it out. The Introduction was Chapter One, and Chapter was Chapter Two. No matter. So I was ready to move onto the next chapter--what had been known as Chapter Three.

As I started editing, it didn't seem to make sense. It didn't flow from where the last chapter left off. And then it referenced something to the last chapter that didn't exist in the last chapter. I got very confused as to what was going on.

Finally I noticed the dates of the writings and realized a day was missing. Luckily, when I compiled my daily writings into chapters, I had saved the daily writings separately and was able to find the missing chapter. Seven pages worth. And that's what I'm working on now. I took time out to make these posts.

On Wednesday I will returning to Santa Rosa to have Thanksgiving with my cousins and will spend the long weekend with them. One of my cousins from Illinois will be visiting and we are all scheduled to visit Yosemite National Park on Monday. I hope to return to here by Tuesday.

As Thanksgiving approaches I am extremely grateful for my life. This Journey has not been easy, but I have no regrets. None. Gratitude is my attitude.

Blessed Be!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: