Monday, November 23, 2009

Two Weeks!

As of tomorrow it will be two weeks without sugar! As in all things in my life, it has been an interesting journey. It has not been without its failures: The 2nd day I had a breath mint. Yes, I know that seems like a small thing but it was an unconscious thought at intermission during a play. A week ago I had a bottle of Gatorade while at the movies. I had selected it instead of a bottle of water and at $3 a bottle I wasn't going to throw it away. I chart my success and I did not allow myself to mark[X] those two days as successes even if to the greater degree they were.

This has been a far greater struggle than I thought it would be. I expected to have wtihdrawals and cravings during the first 72 hours, but this has lasted As amazing as it might seem for those who know me, I have not craved chocolate. Instead I crave sugar in general. Yesterday was a day of struggle. I didn't dare allow myself go out alone to eat or even to the store. I am happy to report that it became a red letter day.

I am happy with my success so far. It has forced me to eat even healthier than I was. Fruit is the only sugar I allow myself. I don't even drink fruit juice.

I am equally happy to report that today is an empowered day. I was able to go to the store to shop. I even found some sugar-free creamer so that I can start having coffee again. I have not been able to find my favorite Southern Roasted Pecan coffee out here. That's a hint to all those Santa's out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ricky, Just finished reading your blog. Sounds like your coming to grips with yourself and what others have meant an done to you in your life, good work.
We don't know who in the heck is going to cook the turkey this year, but "Oh Well" you can't have everything. Have a good time with the gang and wish them all a Happy Thanksgiving for me.
Still haven't got your boots sent but I promise to do so.
Loads of Love Auntie