Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A True Friend

Last evening I worked on Chapter 3 & 4. I have an extraordiarny friend who is editing each chapter for me. His keen eyes catch the missed words, misused words and the typos. If you could see the marked up manuscript you would think I don't read them prior to sending them to him, but I do, I honestly do. (chuckling)

In addition to these tasks, this dear friend makes writing suggestions. He points out when my writing is confusing. (I think that's a euphemism for bad writing.) His insight is perfect and extremely helpful even when I ignore it. Thanks to his efforts I am able to present a excerpt or two for your perusal.

Saying thank you to such effort seems meager. I can only say that I love this man like a brother. For this is what we are -- spiritual brothers. One of the greatest gifts you can give or recieve, when you are not related by birth, is to recognize the kinship in another. If you stop and think about it, that's what spirituality is about -- being able to recognize your brother in everyone you meet.

Namaste. The God in me sees the God in you.

No comments: