Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reality Spirituality

I hesitated to post this as I was afraid it would be misinterpreted.

This Journey of the Heart to Oregon has been unbelievable. I have dreamed of coming here to write and here I am! When I am writing in my notebook, I often wonder if this is real or if I am still dreaming. This experience is the single most satisfying thing I have done in my life. It’s far from easy. The book writing process is harder than I thought it would be. The writing/receiving is as easy as it has ever been. I then have to type it, find and add excerpts, print and edit what I have produced and then do it again, continuing where I left off. This is repeated until the chapter/discussion is completed. In the past I would just write page after page and then type it. Similar—but different.

Every once in awhile reality slips into this dream. Like when I pay bills. I was doing just the day before yesterday. And was looking at my budget. I was a little surprised by what I found. I added up the bills and found I have $2,167 worth of obligations. After taxes, I receive $2,206 per month. Seems perfect, but it doesn’t include gas or food. Now, I guess this would be panicking most people, but I am calm. Truly calm. I continue to marvel at the synchronicity. I was aware I had been living on my savings, until they ran out. And then, my tax return arrived, and I’m living on that. I checked my savings and I think I have three months, four if I really skimp. I realize I might have to stop writing and get a job, which are hard to come by around here. Or maybe move back. I suppose I should worry, but I tell you I just can’t seem to work up the energy to do so. The other thought is I should hurry up and write. And I can’t seem to work up the energy for that either. The words come as they come—perfectly. Everything has worked out so far. I live in the moment and just do what I can do today. Tomorrow is for tomorrow. This is my Journey of the Heart. This IS Reality Spirituality.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick,
You know my email and phone number.
Love Auntie

Anonymous said...

Rick, when I come out, I'll buy us a good supper and 2 bottles of fine wine. Ohh sounds so sinful!!! geno

geno said...

Rick , when I come out I'll buy us a good supper and a fine bottle of wine and maybe a cigar!! OHH sounds so sinful! GENO