Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Have Moved

Relax! No, I am not moving back to Illinois.

I simply have moved into a bigger room within the household. My housemate's teenage son moved out to his own apartment. This left his bigger room available. I spent most of yesterday moving my stuff.

I spent the most time moving my wall of quotes. The positive energy of these quotes surround me as I sleep. Well, almost surround me, I need to add a few more to the headboard space. At times, I think I have enough quotes that I could cover all for walls with them. I just need to print them out. So much to do, so little time. :)

I think the most glaring thing about this picture is that I am badly in the need of a new bedspread. I bought this rustic patterned one on clearance when I lived in the barn in Goldhill, Oregon.



The best and worse things about this room are the glorious windows. While I sit in my lounge chair I look out upon the landscape. Somehow it makes me feel closer to nature. There is also a wonderful nightscape to look out upon. I do most of my writing and typing while in this lounge chair and so I do love this sitting area.

You will notice I have placed my angel collection upon the windowsill. I like the way they are backlit by the morning light or the moonlight at night.

I am not a morning person, and there is far too much light in the morning, so the shutters do get closed. Of course, the angels are not very happy when I close the shutters but they do seem to prefer the windowsill to the shelves I could have put them on.

I keep a few pictures near my chair, including one of Brother Tree that I frequently glance at as I work.

All in all, I do like my new space. I think I will be staying for a while longer. I do like California. More accurately I like the personal growth and development that I have gone through since arriving here. Sadly, the same opportunities do not exist in the Midwest.

I do miss my friends and family and am so glad that we have been able to stay in touch via phone and email

Blessings to everyone.

No comments: