Monday, April 05, 2010

A Great Weekend


I had a whirlwind weekend in the Bay area. I was visiting both family and friends. Each day seemed to be packed full of activities. My cousins prepared a turkey dinner on Friday night. There is just something about a roasted turkey that says both family and home.


On the way home I was able to visit Brother Tree in my favorite redwood forest. The weather varied between drizzle and rain. There was one family who were persevering to hold a family celebration but other than than that my two friends and I were the only people in the forest.

It was damp and cold. It was near fifty degrees and with wind and cold it felt good to be bundled up including gloves. Despite the weather it is was still great to visit the forest. It was quiet, and serene. And somehow more alive.

Of course the forest is alive. Yet as I stood and listened to the rain hit the leaves and it drip down to the ground, the forest seems to surround me in its energy.

Brother Tree particularly offered warmth and comfort, as I stepped into him to commune with him. And yes, I'm a confirmed tree hugger!

Blessings upon the Earth!

No comments: