Sunday, April 11, 2010

On This Day


On this day of my birth, I have been reflecting upon my life and particularly about these past few weeks. I am aware of many deep changes in my persona and in my life.

The more I understand about myself, the deeper my sense of peace and harmony. Over the last few weeks and months I have tried to bring balance into my life. And I think, to the most part, I have accomplished that.

Part of these balance, part of the this peace and harmony, is directly due to my awareness of the beautiful world around me. I feel extremely connected to nature, to the earth. It's not something I am observing, but something I am. I am part of the planet.

These concepts may be either too grandiose for some, or perhaps too airy-fairy. Yet my life has been transformed. This is not a Californian thing but a spirituality thing. I certainly live in a household where such thoughts are not just welcomed, but commonplace. I live amongst spiritual peers and we are a blessing onto each other.

Moving here is one of the best decisions I have made. Even as it has distanced me from those that I hold near and dear.

On this day, I honor and bless:
all that have been in my life,
are in my life,
and will be in my life.

I sincerely pray that I have enriched your life as you have enriched mine.

Blessings.

The photo was taken a week ago during my visit to the redwoods. Brother Tree is behind me.

No comments: