Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Deep Contemplation

Before I share what I have been thinking about I thought I'd tell you this is another shot from my Jean Houston weekend. By the time I return, the trees will be leaved out. The IONS retreat center is very environmentally conscious. All of the lawns are maintained . . . by sheep.

Over the last week, I have been contemplating the deep thoughts of life. Specifically the balance of love and sorrow or pain. I have thought of the pain I have caused in my relationships. I have tried to balance those thoughts with the amount of love that I have also brought to these relationships.

So often as evolved spiritual beings we think that we only bring love to the equation. That is a very limited view and bypasses being responsible for the pain/sorrow we also cause.

The more I pondered this paradox the more I understood the balance of all of life. The great Yin/Yang of the universe. Everything is balanced.

I have come to realize that you cannot have love without sorrow. Love is balanced by sorrow, by heartache. If we did not have the pain/sorrow we might not be able to understand the exquisiteness of love.

Such deep thoughts do not necessarily bring one to a clear conclusion. Except that one is not better than the other. Just as I know I have caused others to feel intensely loved, I have also caused deep sorrow. I take responsibility for both.

Blessed be those who I have loved. Blessed be those who I have hurt. Blessed be those I will love. Blessed be those I will hurt. Blessed Be!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: