Sunday, March 28, 2010

To There and Back Again

I was out of the country for most of last week. I didn't announce to this blog that I was going as I didn't want to worry anyone.

I went to Mexico City to meet a friend. This photo is of monument of the Angel of Independence. If you traveled down the boulevard in the direction the angel is facing you would come to the US embassy.

Interesting enough, while I was visiting so was Mrs. Obama and Secretary Clinton. So there was heightened security in the area.

I was staying in a very safe area. My friend and I often ate dinner out and would stroll the boulevard after dark. We would pass the headquarters for the Mexican Bureau of Investigation as we returned to the hotel.

The only trouble that I had during the entire trip was that the my tube of toothpaste didn't pass inspection at the Mexican airport. It was the proper size, but I don't think they were familiar with the shape of the bottle. It was easy enough to leave it behind.

I had a very pleasant trip and the four days flew by. Posting this blog is one of the details I am taking care of. I am very anxious to return to the editing of my book.

The journey continues . . .

No comments: