Friday, February 20, 2009

Brother Tree Pics Added

As I sit here at the Avenue of the Giants, I thought it would be nice if I could share photos of my experience as well. So I figured out how to do so and am updating a past positng with photos. I hav added the text of the posting so you don't have to scroll down. Now I'm off to have breakfast and visit other redwoods.

I'm not sure I can explain/describe the experience I had yesterday. Those of you who have known me for a long time may remember that some four years ago I had an extraordinary experience within a redwood tree. The tree spoke to me. It was a profound experience that left me in tears and I had to sit down for awhile to recover from it -- I wasn't sure that my legs would support me. Afterwards I found myself more conscious of my footsteps as I realized I was walking on hallowed ground. As the angels laid out the path my journey west would take, they strongly desired me to once again visit this particular redwood. It was clear that they felt it was a necessary step in my preparation for Oregon. So my friend and I made it a priority to visit the tree. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day after several days of rain. The redwood is located in California in Memorial Park, just eight miles from the coast. After stopping at coast to enjoy the ferocity of the ocean waves, we made the trip inland. The forest was wet and we used a blanket on the bench of the picnic table as we ate our lunch. I know that some of you won't fully understand and think that it's a bit "too Californian" but there is such a wonderful energy in the forests. It is one of the reason I am going to Oregon to write. For those who are conscious of energies, forests are very peaceful and yet very powerful places. Particularly in redwood forests as they have been here thousands of years. After lunch we made our way to the tree we have come to think of as Brother Tree. It's slightly off the path and we had to step carefully so as not to trip. I placed my hand upon the bark and was instantly connected to Brother Tree. A profound connection that once again brought tears to my eyes. The tree welcomed me back. I might even say rejoiced at my return. This tree has had part of its trunk burned out and it's possible to step into this tree and be surrounded by living, breathing tree. Brother Tree beckoned me in, but I was not quite ready. The angels had told me that I would be transformed. By now tears are flowing, just from the loving energy of this tree. And I stepped in and was overwhelmed by the energy that surrounded me. I knew I was in a sacred and holy place. And this tree continued to communicate with me. I was overwelmed that this tree which I knew as a sacred and holy thing observed me as a sacred and holy thing. This tree, as well as the rest of the forest, was joyful -- truly joyful -- that I had stepped into my path - Oregon, and the book. It's very hard to describe this energy, this profound energy. I was sobbing just from the pure love, pure acceptance from this tree. As I continued to dwell inside Brother Tree, I was healed. I had no idea that I needed healing and could not tell you what was healed -- only that I was healed. It was the tree's blessing upon me and that which I am about. Finally my sobbing stopped and I spread my arms out and gave my thanks, my gratitude to Brother Tree. As I stepped out of the tree, I was aware that I had been profoundly changed. Healed in ways beyond words cannot explain and humbled by the tree's belief in me and in what I am to do. It was difficult to walk and we walked slowly along the path visiting others parts of the park/forest. Eventually we made our way back to Brother Tree to say farewell. I once again laid my hands upon it's bark and expressed my gratitude for what I had been given. His last message was to say hello to his sister. He was referring to my upcoming trip to the National Redwood Forest. It was made clear that I would have another equally profound healing while there. Brother Tree told me to come back on my way back to Iowa when the book is complete. I am sure I will make the trip. Those who feel energies will understand what I experienced, and those that don't only need know that it was a profound and sacred experience -- just another experience along my Journey of the Heart.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: