Friday, February 27, 2009

I Have Landed

After an extensive search I have found the place I am going to stay for the next several months. As you learned from my last post I decided to search for place around Ashland, Oregon. I simply like the mountains and the trees. But property and therefore rentals in the immediate area are pricey. And I was particularly wanting a place by myself. I decided rooming with anyone would slow down my writing process and so I was searching for the perfect studio apartment. I managed to find a place in Gold Hill (just out of Medford) that was a bit over my budget, but workable. A barn. Yep, I'm living in a barn -- and I have roommates or more accurately barn mates. Two horses and two burros who live on the other side of the barn. I haven't formally met them yet. My landlords are two very nice people who are also retired and I may babysit from time to time. I will post barn mate pictures later.

If you are a regular visitor to this blog then you know that I had previously found a place but felt so uncomfortable that I left within hours. Thanks to some discussion with a friend I think I now know why. The ocean. The ocean has a very intense energy -- particularly during the winter and I think it simply was wiring me. I know all this talk about energies is way too "foo foo" for many but there are many people who can feel such energies. I am but one of them. I just thought I'd explain why I was unable to find a place along the coast.

I had visited the barn the day before I actually rented it. After my last experience I decided to sleep on it and felt so comfortable I proceeded and moved in yesterday. The only downside is there is no bed. I have ordered in an airbed. I slept on one for a year and half and so am sure that I will get along with this new one. Meanwhile I bought a mat and am sleeping on the floor for a few days until the airbed gets here. Oh, I guess there is another downside: no air-conditioning and it does get up in the 90's and even 100's in August. Talk about incentive to write fast! I bought a small table and desk chair separate from the computer desk provided. I have set the table up in front of window. And the above picture is of the view out that window. I'm sure I'll spend many hours there. Currently, I still busy setting up housekeeping. I will advise this blog when I begin to write. Internet service will be connected which is good because I have gotten tired of Starbucks.

The Journey of finding the perfect place is over. From time to time I will need a break from writing and as I explore the area I will post pictures. And now the Journey of writing begins.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look out if the barn mates start looking good to you. Are yougoing to boot train them?