Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finding the Right Place

I have spent the last several days trying to find the right place to locate. Some of you know me as a very intuitive person and may naturally think that I would know exactly where to locate. Not so! Yes, I felt guided to the Oregon Coast. I have spent the last several days exploring it. It is like no other coastline. And I did think I had found the perfect place to stay in Gold Beach. A very gracious lady offered me what appeared to be nearly the perfect place, yet after just a couple of hours I did not feel comfortable there. My discomfort had nothing to do with this gracious lady, or her pets or her home. I just felt like I had to move on and so I did. I was more upset by my ill grace of moving out than of not finding the right place.

I investigated another place in Depoe Bay. The place was a dump. Pure and simple and all of that just for $475 a month. And I'd only have to share it with eight other people. And so I once again moved on. (By the way, the picture is just along Route 101 and doesn't depict any of the places I investigated. Once again I moved on.

I spent some time investigating the Reedsport area. I even bought a couple of newspapers and checked the want ads. I checked out several properties. Nothing felt comfortable. So once again, I moved on. This time to Coos Bay.

It might interest you to know that each of these investigations required three to four hours of driving. I have come to greatly appreciate the 40 mpg that I have been getting with my Prius. Oh, and if you didn't know -- there is no selfserve gas stations in Oregon. How long has it been since you said, "Fill it up with Regular?"

I once again checked Craig's List for possibilites and even checked out a house that I had seen a For Rent sign for. It was just an okay location - no warm fuzzies - and was $650 a month - way out of my budget. So much of what is available are vacation rentals and are completely out of my price range. As you can imagine, I had become a little frustrated by not finding the right place. It is so important to my writing process that I feel comfortable in my setting. And so once again I decided to move on.

After some contemplation, I decided to check out the Ashland area. I knew I had felt comfortable there when I had studied with Neale Donald Walsch. The first place I checked out was the Windmill Inn where I stayed before. It had a very loving energy when I stayed so along ago. Sadly it was closed and the energy had died away with it. Another company were operating the suite portion of the hotel, but it was too expensive to stay at. Regardless of that, I feel comfortable here. I have come to realize that while the coastline is beautiful, it doesn't much for me in regards to the energy I feel. I feel more comfortable amongst the mountains and the trees. I stongly feel I am going to relocate here. Or in the area. Ashland can be very pricey. So it might mean locating to Medford or even Grant's Pass. I prefer not stay in the city proper but in the country. I am actively checking out Craig's List and the local paper. I am in contact with several possibilities. And feel confident I will find the right place.

I apologize for the length post, but felt you would like to know what's been going on. And so the Journey goes on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: