Monday, February 16, 2009

The Healing Power of Friends

I continue to be amazed by the healing power of friends. Jay's funeral was on Saturday and my grief was and is as deep as when my father passed. Saturday night I was able to visit with other friends. Poker friends. I was able to surprise everyone with my visit as they all thought I was in California or even Oregon. I was joyously greeted with open arms and many hugs. There is such healing power in such love and acceptance. It was good to spend time with a good of folks that I love and soothed my greif. And it was nice to win second place. It would have been nicer to win first place, but John was getting better cards. Damn. lol.

I am back in California and will visit with my cousins for a couple days. On Thursday, weather permitting, I will head north toward Oregon. The Journey continues.

1 comment:

danoymano said...

Sorry I missed you when you came home for Jay's funeral. It was good to talk to you on the phone. Keep going, Bro.....