Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Power of GPS

Wow! I have been greatly impressed with the Magellian GPS unit my brother gave me! I don't know how I would have got to my friend's house in San Leandro or my cousin's place in Santa Rosa without it. Not even with Mapquest. With the way California traffic speeds along it would have been difficult to look down at a map printed out of Mapquest.

Instead I heard a somewhat pleasant female voice give me directions. Being told of lane changes 2 miles ahead of the change was great! I was lead to the front door of each place.

As I moved from my friend's house to my cousin's I didn't see the exit the voice wanted me to take and I was instantly in the congestion of bridge toll booths. The voice calmly directed me to the first exit beyond the bridge and back to the bridge in the opposite direction and this time I did find the correct exit and crossed the correct bridge. Totally my mistake. Two tolls: $8.

Technology is great! And I thank my brother for the invaluable gift!

No comments: