Thursday, March 12, 2009

Answering the Bigger Question

The following question was added to comments by my friend Dano: If God was touched to his soul, that would suppose that God had a soul, hence there could be someone greater than God that gave him a soul. But, isn't God at the top of the food chain?

I love this question! For several reasons. It is the question of a thinking man. He took what I had received from God and thought about it and came up with this question. It for this reason that I share excerpts and encourage comments. Throughout the entire Conversations With God series, God continually encourages us to think. Throughout my personal conversations God has brought answers to my own questions and has encouraged me to think about what I know, and what I believe and why I believe it. Much of what I have learned through the CWG cosmology. (Some 20+ books.) The first three - Book 1, 2 and 3 contain a huge amount of information of Who God is.

My answer has several parts:

One. God can experience anything God wants to experience. That includes being touched to the soul. That includes having a soul.

Two. There is only One of us. There is only God. We, as individualiaztions of the One Soul, is God experiencing God.

Three. There is a brief mention of God's God in CWG. As in one sentence. I couldn't find it to quote it here. Perhaps someone else who has read it can send me the exact reference. Anyway, the conversation is about the evolution of the soul. In general, as soul's we come to this life to experience in the relative that which we know in the absolute. In this way as souls we are constantly evolving. God tells us that we can eventually evolve to be Gods in other universes.

We know so very little about just how complex the universe is. Or how big it is. I'm oversimplifying but don't you image that we appear to be Gods to an ant? Do we not feel as small when we think of God? Do you think it stops there? Or is it infinite? I have had this discussion with some very advanced spiritual thinkers. They have explained of God as God and One above him/her as The Creator. This all gets very deep for me. I can barely grasp the concept, let alone explain it.

Well that's my quick answer. I encourage everyone to explore the Conversations With God series by Neale Donald Walsch -- especially the first three books. They can be bought very cheaply on Amazon. This is where I have found the answers that satisfy me. I hope that my answer, my journey encourages you to find your own answers.

No comments: